The following covenants will run with the
1. The land to which these covenants apply is annexed to and conveyed
2. No attached or semi-attached house, duplex, apartment house or
any house designed for more than one family shall be permitted.
3. No business shall be carried out upon the said lands, and no building
erected on any part of the said lands shall be used for any other
purpose than of a single family dwelling.
4. No dwelling shall stand upon the lands which has not
been built and constructed on the lands, except for modular
or pre-built cottages.
5. No dwelling shall be erected which has a floor area
less than 1400 sq. ft. The measurements may include the
outer walls, but not include any garage, patio, porch
or like part of the building.
6. No dwelling shall stand upon the lands that has an
exterior finish not of wood, bricks, cement board or vinyl siding.
7. No building or other structure shall be erected on the said lands
unless the plans and specifications of such buildings and/or structures
and the location thereof on the lot shall have been first submitted
to Happy Adventure Inc. and/or its duly appointed agent, and its consent
in writing has been obtained.
8. Any dwelling constructed upon the said lands, and the subsequent
use thereof, shall not be so constructed or used to be in breach of
any municipal or other government restrictions or requirements.
9. The foundation grades shall be a minimum of two feet above the
shoulder (edge of roadway surface) and the lot shall be graded for
water to run either to the roadway or toward the back of the lot.
Property owners shall grade their lots so they will not cause water
to be trapped in a neighbor’s yard or cause water to be diverted
onto abutting properties.
10. Any fence or wall erected upon the lands herein shall be of a
height not to exceed five feet, unless required by the Canadian Building
Code (i.e. above ground pool).
11. The purchaser(s) covenants and agrees that under no
circumstances shall the purchaser(s) place a mobile home
on the lands, and shall refrain from retaining inoperable
vehicles and other items of unsightly nature on the lands.
12. The purchaser(s) shall at all times maintain the subject lands
in a tidy manner and ensure that the lawn is regularly mowed and maintained,
the hedges are kept trimmed and not to exceed five feet in height,
whether or not construction has commenced on said lands.
13. The purchaser(s) agree that their property on Wild
Duck Cove or Garden Shore Road or Sunset Crescent shall
be kept in a manner consistent with other properties in
the subdivision, and will abide by whatever rules and
regulations are set down by the ‘Wild Duck Cove
Homeowners Association’ and/or Happy Adventure Inc,
as they are from time to time established for the upkeep
of the property.
14. The Purchaser(s) agree to pay, when assessed, any shared cost
of road maintenance for the subdivision, as they are billed from time
15. These restrictive covenants shall be adhered to by
the purchaser(s), and be binding upon their heirs, executors,
administrators and assigns, and successors in title.
(Amendments to items 4-6 effective June 1, 2005)